Derwent Valley Council residents are asked to separate their waste by using the two bin system.
The Council has three days for ordinary rubbishcollection which occurs on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Recycling collection occurs on a fortnightly basis on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
If you are unsure which area you fall into call the Environmental Services Section on (03) 6261 8530 and they will be able to assist you.
Your property should have the following bins:-
- 120L or 240L household waste bin (Green with Yellow lid) which is collected weekly;
- 140L or 240 recycling bin (yellow) which is collected fortnightly on the same day as your household waste bin.
To make sure your bins are emptied by Council's Waste Contractor, follow these easy steps:-
- When your bins are presented at the kerbside make sure there is 1 metre between bins, the contractor needs to be able to pick bins up and place them down again;
- Make sure the wheels of the bin are nearest your property;
- Do not place bins under trees that have overhanging branches;
- Do not overfill your bins. Overfilled or excessively heavy bins may not be emptied.
For damaged, lost or stolen bins contact Council on (03) 6261 8530 for information on how to replace your bin.