If you have a barking dog and have spoken with your neighbour first and you feel you need to report to Council, please put this in writing providing as much detail as possible.
Information you should provide in your letter:-
- your contact details;
- the name (if known) and address of the owners where you believe the barking dog resides;
- is there a particular time that the dog barks?
- are the owners at home or away during this time?
- have you approached your neighbours? (they may not be aware that their dog is barking)
- have you kept a diary of when the dog barks and for how long?
Barking is a natural behaviour for dogs and they may have various reasons to bark however, it may take some time to teach the dog different ways to behave to certain situations.
If you require further information please contact Council's Municipal Inspector on 6261 8530.